Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas 2009





Picture of our dining table on Christmas day laid our for brunch.  Earlier, I cooked noodles and made 4 pyrex of palabok (filipino noodles with shrimp sauce).  Two pyrex for us and two pyrex of palabok for potluck later with friends.  Palabok actually was requested, it was a hot item the last time I brought it to a potluck party.

On Dec. 24, with the help of my husband, I cooked 3 meat loafs (1 for potluck), 5 kg. ham, palabok meat sauce, boiled shrimp for palabok, boiled eggs for palabok, big pot of mexican ground beef chili (not in picture),  leche flan and mixed fruit salad. 

Because I cooked the palabok sauce and prepped all the toppings the day before, it was just boiling the noodles and assembling all the ingredients on Christmas day.  It would be accurate to say, we were very tired on the 24th and very relaxed on the 25th.  That was exactly the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment