Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Exploring the Philippines - Shangrila Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City

Before we migrated to Canada, Shangrila Plaza Mall was one of our favorite hang out destination. My then young children and their cousins would treat the wide hallways as playground where they run and played.

My husband and I loved to dine here at one of the restaurants called Cravings.  Cravings is famous for their pretty decent salad bar which comes free with an order of a main course.  Their cakes and pastries are excellent and goes 50% off at closing time back then.  I used to wait and buy lots of baked stuff at closing time. I guess they don't do 50% anymore.

Another great activity at Shangrila Plaza Mall Mar and I enjoyed back then was the free movies during European Film Festival.  The cinema would feature about a dozen movies from all over Europe, screened for about a week or so.  Mar and I would go back to this mall about 3 times during the festival and watch 3 films each time we went.  For me, movies produced and directed not from the great USA has a certain wonderful uniqueness that totally intrigues and fascinates me.  I really love watching European films.

To my pleasant surprise, after googling it one day, the European Film Festival continued on since we left the Philippines in 2001 until last year and hopefully this year too in June.  I really am looking forward to watching a dozen or more European movies.  I think I will watch all films.

No comments:

Post a Comment