Saturday, September 10, 2011

Books, Sudoku and Movies while RVing Around Europe

Several weeks before leaving our home in Surrey, BC for this year's European tour, my husband downloaded hundreds of movies to my computer.  One of my favorite things to do in my home in Canada is watching downloaded tv series' which I can enjoy watching non-stop and without the need to watch the commercials and of course watching downloaded movies, not really the Holywood American movies, but what is typically called "foreign movies" which means European, Korean, Japanese, etc.  I am actually overwhelmed and indeed extremely happy knowing that thousands of movies are available to me in the internet anytime I want to watch a movie - we have a super fast internet connection which enables us to download anytime, all the time.

So for this trip, I have hundreds of movies in my computer.  It turned out, I will not be watching much.  I am not fond of watching a movie in my 17 inches screen.  At home,  I have a recliner and a huge screen.


Another favorite thing to do is playing sudoku.  In 2007, we accidentally found our favorite sudoku book in Germany.  I have bought and tried several other books but I found the German sudoku book to be quite challenging and it has puzzles from light to medium to hard to extremely hard which I like.  In Canada, last year, we found the book in Amazon and had it shipped to our home.  So this year, we made sure to buy it and while having difficulty finding it in bookstores, we bought some other types which turned out good but not as good as the German sudoku.


Books are bulky and takes up a lot of space - but not anymore.  We are too cheap to buy Kindle though but we both have Blackberry (gift from our son Ryan).  My technical support, my husband Mar of course, downloaded lots of books in his and my Blackberry.   He said our Blackberry can accommodate 3 thousand books with its current 2 gb memory card.  Wonderful thing about reading books using the Blackberry is that light is not needed - Blackberry screen is lighted.  This is actually great because most times we are out of power having used up all our juices using the internet, doing emails, FB, googling and researching towns, cities and countries in Europe and reading Phils., Canada, Europe and US news.

The authors we are reading now are James Patterson, John Grisham, Janet Evanovich and Tara French.  Mar and I have finished about 10 books each.

No comments:

Post a Comment