Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2011 Merry Christmas

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas.

I liked the past 10 Christmases we experienced here in Canada which we celebrated with our small group of Filipino friends.  Tomorrow is our 11th which, like always, there is plenty of food, there is gift giving, games, singing, dancing, catching up about each other's lives and basically fun and enjoyment of everyone's company. 

All these to celebrate Jesus' birthday but I am not sure about that.  I think Christmas is a tradition which most people can't escape or else you or your family might be considered weird or worst an anti-Christ; or a holiday which most people enjoy because there is no work and not about Jesus at all.

This doesn't mean I am complaining but the Jesus/religious/spiritual message is lost on me.  Perhaps it is best not to think about the true meaning of Christmas but to just simply enjoy the holiday with family and friends period. 


1 comment: