Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin in Soy and Balsamic Sauce


I don't cook much oven baked or roasted food, which means it's been a long time since I last used the oven, which means I am not good at this, so please bear with me while I try.  Everytime I do, I feel like I am always a newbie.  The good news is... we ate what I cooked.





Roasted Pork Tenderloin in Soy and Balsamic Sauce

Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin, silver skin removed, paper towel dried
6 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2-4 tbsp minced garlic 
salt about 1/2 tsp.
pepper about 1 tsp.

Cooking Instructions:

1.  Salt the tenderloin lightly, add pepper, set aside
2.  In a bowl, mix soy sauce, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and minced garlic.
3.  Marinate tenderloin in 1/2 of the mixture for an hour in room temperature or a few hours in the refrigerator.  Set aside 1/2 of the mixture for later.
4.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
5.  In a shallow pan or tray covered with aluminum foil, place the tenderloin and cook for 20 minutes
6.  Once 20 minutes baking is done, change the setting of the oven to "roast".
7.  Pour to the meat the other half of the mixture to become sauce and to not dry the meat and roast for 5 more minutes or more until 150 degrees internal temperature is reached.
8.  Take it out of the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
9.  Serve with steamed vegies.





No comments:

Post a Comment