Sunday, October 25, 2009

Alaska Cruise


My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary in May 2005. We went on a 7-night cruise to Alaska to celebrate. Like everything you do the first time, I was extremely excited. I did a lot of reading blogs, forums, and reviews about cruising. As a result of my reading, I knew how to fully enjoy our first cruising experience. For example, I knew that the fish and chips at the Blue Lagoon Cafe is highly recommended. We tried it the first day and we totally agree with the reviews, we ate fish and chips almost everyday for 7 days.

There was a night where cruisers can dress up if they like which I think was called formal night. Women wear coctail dress or gown. Men wear tux or coat and tie. There's a lot of cruisers who prefer not to dress up, like husband and I, who wear casual clothes. The hightlight of this formal night is the picture taking opportunity with the captain of the ship. For us who are not interested with a picture with the captain, the hightlight is that formal night is also lobster night. One can eat as many lobster as one like. Husband and I managed to eat two lobster each.

No comments:

Post a Comment