Monday, February 15, 2010

Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics




Surrey, our home city in Canada, which is about 30 kms from Vancouver, British Columbia, where the winter olympics is being held, is one city which is part of Greater Vancouver.  Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics is close to our hearts being from Vancouver and also because we are now Canadians.

My husband, for this Olympic season, wanted to work for the Skytrain directing and helping people lost and looking for the right direction.  Vancouver is desperately lacking for part-timers to work for the Olympics.  He wanted to be part of the 2010 Winter Olympics not to mention the pay was excellent.  

Perhaps with a heavy heart, he decided to go with me to the Philippines.

On Feb. 13, 10am, Philippines time,. we watched on television the Opening Ceremonies.  I felt a little emotional and a little teary eyed watching the show, I thought, I love my country Canada.  It is true, one can love two countries, both at the same time because I definitely love the land of my birth, the Philippines.

On a happy note, my youngest child, 22 year old daughter, works for the Olympic.  She works for the company that provides security for the Olympics.  She was hired as Administrative Assistant, in no time she was a Trainor and now she is Deployment Supervisor assigned in Whistler, BC.  She is extremely busy, working long hours but she said she enjoys and loves her job.


No comments:

Post a Comment