Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Food Shopping in the US

We were so full, we had to walk around a little bit to hopefully expedite digestion process, we ended up shopping in Target.  I know a good price when I see one, so I bought 10 cans of Carnation evaporated milk for 99 cents each, 10 condensed milk for 1.49 each and 1 big container of Sun Maid raisins for 2.99.

Mar was given 3 dollars discount which is 10% of total purchase when he agreed to apply for a Target credit card.

total Target purchases after discount -  US$27

Next stop was Walmart, also in Bellingham.  We eat a lot of pasta so I bought 10 500gms angel hair pasta for 1 dollar each, 10 Spam luncheon meat, facial scrub, night cream, toiletries, 2 Smucker's peanut butter with jelly, etc...

total Walmart purchases - US$64

Last stop was Costco.  I use a lot of extra virgin olive oil, so I bought 2 2L bottle for 19.99.  I use a lot of parmesan cheese too so I bought 2 Kraft parmesan for 9.85.  These are actually packed in 2s.  I bought 4 whole chicken - 1 dollar per pound , 2 packs of pork tenderloin with 4 tenderloin per pack - 2.99 per pound, 2 big resealable bags of chicken tenders, (6 lbs per bag) - 2.40 per pound, big bottle of artichoke, 4 packs of eggs with 24 eggs per pack or a total of 8 doz.eggs - 3.19 per pack of 24, 2 gal. fresh milk - 4.19 for 2..  We also bought big bottles of Vitamin C and Omega 3 Fish Oil and a small bottle of anti allergy pills.  1 pack of 20 bars of Irish Spring cost 7.85.

total Costco purchases - US$207.

Well, obviously, we now have a lot of uncooked food in the freezer and what will happen next is Mar and I will do a lot of cooking.

What we would only be needing in the next two or more weeks are vegies and fruits to go with these meats I have purchased today.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment